Board of Education
58 Evelyn Street
- Successful entrepreneur owner of a local business
- Master’s Degree, Conflict Resolution
- Member, Congregation B’nai Israel
- Volunteer, Relay for Life
- Host Family, Fresh Air Fund
- Volunteer, United Methodist Church soup kitchen
- Two children attending Fairfield Public Schools
Key Issues: Education, bridging the gap between political parties to find ways for all board members to work together for the good of Fairfield, maintaining quality of life while keeping our town affordable.
I am dedicated to my family, and the town we love and live in. I stand by my convictions and seek solutions to tough problems.
71 Rhoda Avenue
- Current RTM member, District 10
- Member, Finance Subcommittee
- 50 year Fairfield resident, graduate of Fairfield schools
- 2 children in Fairfield Schools
- Owner, local technology company
- Roger Ludlowe Middle School Webmaster;former BOE Rep and webmaster, Sherman School
- Active in volunteer organizations including Christmas Tree Festival
- Member St. Thomas Parish, Gaelic American Club
Children are our most precious resource and our future, and the mission of the BOE is to support ALL students in achieving their full potential. There are many challenges facing us: implementation of the new Common Core standards, teacher evaluations, long overdue school renovation projects, and assuring safety for our children are just a few – all while battling budget pressures and divisive interests. It is only through working together towards our common goal that our schools will be all that they can and should be.
503 Valley Road
- RTM (Town Representative) District 7; 2011 – 2013
- Vice Chair, RTM Senior and Disabled Tax Relief Committee; 2011 – 2013
- Member, Board of Education Mission and Goals Policy Review Advisory Committee; 2013
- VP Board of Education North Stratfield PTA; 2011 – 2013
- Education Budget Representative North Stratfield PTA; 2010 – 2011
- VP Ways And Means North Stratfield PTA; 2008 – 2010
- Member of the North Stratfield School Tools for Schools Facility Monitoring Committee; 2010 -present
- Board of Directors founding member of the North Stratfield School Before and After Care Program; 2006 – 2009
- Member, Education Committee and Chair of research sub-committee on curriculum restructuring-Temple Beth El; 2009 -present
- Member, Fairfield Solid Waste and Recycling Commission; 2011
- BA Communications and Marketing, The University of Connecticut
- Professional Writer and small business owner, Destination Entertainment LLC.
- Married to lifelong Fairfield resident Andrea, father to Jolie and Rena
One Town. That’s what Fairfield needs to get back to and that’s the theme of my campaign in a nutshell. Community is about helping one another. It’s about working together and making compromises and sacrifices for the overall long term good. In my Professional and public service careers, I always look at the big picture. I have a strong track record of working positively with people of differing opinions from all walks of life to achieve progress towards a common goal.
I want to see a Board of Education that isn’t adversarial–one that includes teachers, parents and the administration working together to better educate each and every child in Fairfield, and give them a complete rounded educational experience to best prepare them for life when they leave our care. This can all be achieved by listening to one another, and making rational decisions that are fiscally responsible. Our tax dollars may be limited, but our desire to achieve excellence is limitless.